Friday, May 9, 2008

Long time, no blog

Well, sorry it's been so long. We probably won't gain any faithful readers with such sporadic blogging habits, but please stick around for a bit!

We have been quite busy for the last few weeks. Highlights...

-We purchased our bowling balls and shoes. I don't remember if I already wrote about this, so sorry if there is repetition.

-Went to IKEA with Steve and Kara, and drove in a huge 9-passenger van with the back seats removed b/c all moving trucks were rented out for the day. We named the van Maude. The day was beautiful, so we had a lovely drive through the German countryside. At Ikea, we spent a ridiculous amount of money, but we now have a real bed, two new desks, two bookcases, a headboard, and an end table. It was worth the trip and the cost. The work of getting everything to the fourth floor was awful, and it took a long time to put everything together... but still, it was worth it.

-Josh found out that he is not being switched to another squad at this time. Mids are coming up, but we prefer that to... frustration. I'll leave it at that.

-We bought the exercise bike we've been drooling over for a few months, and it is wonderful!

-The trees here seem to be more bright and green than I've ever seen before. Seriously, they practically glow. It's impressive! Also, I've managed to keep four potted herbs alive for about 2.5 months, and so far my orchid has lasted about two weeks. This is really good, for my track record.

-We are going to babysit some friend's kids for the first time tomorrow. I'm pretty excited, and a little bit nervous.

-And lastly, there are only 30 days until I head west for three weeks of fun. :o)

Please let us know what you're up to! We miss hearing from people!

No comments: