Sunday, October 4, 2009

A gift I remember

In some ways this post was conceived from those cliched writing prompts given to fifth graders and bloggers without a cause.

One of the most memorable gifts I have ever received sits on my bathroom counter, holding synthetic brushes and that eyelash "comb" that most women own but (let's be honest) find fairly useless. It is a light sage mug covered in gold script. I am terrified to wash this mug. It was given to me by those who attended the bridal shower thrown just before graduating from Wooster.

There are messages both silly and heartfelt from some very special people. I see it every morning and evening, and allow myself a few moments to reminisce and to think of the lovely people who gave me this special gift.

More proof that money does not buy happiness, but friendship grants you an abundance.

No comments: